Thursday 6 June 2013

Love It or list it, class room Edition.


Love it or list it?

I think Having a Media studies and economics class in our schooling is certainly more important than Physics 112 or Foundations of Math 12? When in the hell are you ever going to chart a graph at the grocery store cash? Or find the chemical compound makeup of Bronze at a call centre. If you are going to take a career involving that style of work, take post secondary, but cramming information into the heads of kids that won't remember it 2 hours later is a waste of time and money. Media studies have taught me how to spot of fake story, how to resist and not be so susceptible to media branding, and have given me a piece of mind. Economics have taught me simple math, how to save and protect yourself while dealing with banks, (something we all must do) and has made me a more Involved Member of the economic society. You certainly don’t get those life skills out of a Math class. I think the Canadian Education system should sit down, give their head a shake and play a big game of love it or list with classes within our schools... Things like Economics are useful. Things like Chemistry 111 and both 12's are a waste, of your money and my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment