Friday 31 May 2013

A Trip to The Moon Response

                                                     A TRIP TO THE MOON

            
             This was all new to me, it was such an old video, and apparently the first actual movie ever made, which was cool to think about. It was truly a gem, a monument to the evolution of today’s media and the film industry. It almost seemed as if this was more interesting than any Scatter plot Michael Bay film. I have seen bits and clips from times in my childhood, but this was the first time I view the entire 1902 movie. Laughably the "astronauts" are all dressed in street clothes on the moon, waving and then simultaneously drawing blankets over themselves as human faced stars of the Big Dipper look at them. I also recall after some research the creator of the movie, Georges Méliès' was a professional magician which is where the alien creatures disappearing into poufs of smoke is from, bringing out his old roots. It was a fun experience and I hope to view many more films like this and gain some knowledge of early years of film revolution.            

           

No comments:

Post a Comment